United Technologies Corporation Lead Tech, Draft/Prod Def in Burnsville, Minnesota
Job ID: 01388519
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HMN04: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville No 2900 West County Road 42, Burnsville, MN, 55337 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a lead Drafting Services / Product Definition technician who is under minimal supervision. Performs complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD). Leads lower level support staff in the analysis of proposed site factors. May serve as a resource on varied tasks.
• Works under minimal supervision to assist engineers with all activities related to part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings.
• Performs complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT’s, and associated peripheral equipment and software.
• Interprets complex engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Reviews complex project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
• Leads lower level support staff in the analysis of proposed site factors and design of maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
• Leads lower level support staff in collaborating with engineers to determine accuracy of work and maintain drafting standards.
• Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
• Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
• Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
• Prepares complete production detail drawings.
• Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
• Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
This position requires either:
• An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 10 years of relevant experience is required OR
• A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link at http://www.utc.com/privacy to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.