United Technologies Corporation Specialist, Supplier Quality and Development in Burnsville, Minnesota
Job ID: 01361515
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an Established Supplier Quality & Development professional. Works as an individual contributor to set and achieve objectives of own area of responsibility. Influences supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes with knowledge and explanations of Supplier Quality & Compliance practices and procedures.
• Executes supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
• Reviews and makes recommendations on quality data and contributes to the development of part / supplier specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
• Provides research on and explanations of root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & D) in escape management procedures. Makes recommendations for the development of corrective and / or preventive actions for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
• Executes processes and procedures for supplier qualification / certification, source inspection and material release processes, and Correction Action Boards / DQ Clinics with suppliers.
• Conducts activities to support for the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
• Reviews processes and metrics and makes recommendations to ensure supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
• Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
• Initiates part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
• Supports supplier qualification / certification.
• Manages source inspection and material release processes.
• Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
• Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
• Proactively supports the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
• Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
• Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.