United Technologies Corporation Work Transfer Project Manager in Burnsville, Minnesota
Job ID: 01367757
Country: United States
Category: General Management
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Role Overview
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Project Management, who develops project plans and budgets. Identifies project problems, recommends solutions, documents project delays, performs critical path analyses, and presents progress reports.
• Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects under his/her responsibility and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
• Documents and records delays, changes in scope, and any other incidents that impact the scope of work or schedule.
• Develops project budget and scope and pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
• Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
• Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Oversees and manages the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Regularly interacts and interfaces with customers.
• May have business development responsibilities.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.