United Technologies Corporation Lead Tech, Svc Contract&Wnty - Sr Customer Account Coordinator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01317253
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Aftermarket & Service
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
• Plans, develops and implements strategies for proper contract and warranty fulfillment, ensuring that company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications are met.
• Oversees the development of audits and standards for estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules and provides consultation on updates that will ensure accuracy, completeness and fulfillment of service contracts and product warranties.
• Oversees all communication with customers on complex and comprehensive contractual rights and obligations related to service contracts and product warranties to ensure that client requirements are met.
• Briefs executive level management on current status and historical trends regarding service contracts and warranties to identify problems and improve overall performance.
• Oversees the finalization of draft bids, process specifications, progress reports and other reports prepared for executive level management review related to service contracts and product warranties to ensure that established quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. Conducts contract, licensing, and warranty administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares bids, processes specifications, progress and other reports.
• Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
• Compiles and analyzes data.
• Maintains historical information.
The Customer Account Coordinator is the principal customer contact for all orders and administration of customer sales orders, related information and processes from contract award through closeout and archive of the sales order. The Customer Account Coordinator performs a variety of simple to complex sales order entry and order administration support activities for customer accounts. The role requires expert knowledge of SAP Sales & Distribution Module and working knowledge of other computer tools. Assignments involve the understanding of and the application of departmental procedures and workflow activities. The Customer Account Coordinator works to align available inventory with the sales order line items to ensure that deliverables are shipped and invoiced as required by Rockwell Collins and the customer.
Having Considerable knowledge of the job; completes tasks in a resourceful and effective way. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May be informal team leader.
Maintaining customer contact including correspondence concerning sales order status, order changes and billing/receivables questions.
Under partial supervision, create/edit sales orders accurately and efficiently in SAP; create and send order acknowledgements to customer when required. Generates and distributes contract summaries when required.
Under partial supervision, ensure that all sales order documentation, such as export licenses, DSP-83 forms and US Gov't Receiving Reports (DD-250s) are processed in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements.
Ensuring export policies and procedures compliance including license applications, proper export classification on the sales order and customer denied parties screening (via Amber Road database application).
With partial supervision, work with Finance to process customer invoices, return orders and credit & debit memo requests.
Under little supervision, create basic quotes in SAP (Catalog net / list / pre-approved Sales Bulletins; standard T&Cs).
Under partial supervision, work with Master Scheduling, Inventory and Shipping to create and facilitate deliveries ensuring customer requirements are met while minimizing finished goods.
May create and maintain special tracking and customer reports.
Under partial supervision, validate customer PO against basic / standard contractual terms.
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record of being results oriented and demonstrate the ability to network across and outside the company effectively maintaining good working relationships with other departments, employees and customers. They will have proven performance and experience in proposal preparation, contracting, SAP sales order entry and customer service.
Candidates for this role should possess a AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.