United Technologies Corporation Manager - Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01349996
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Manager - Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design
At Collins Aerospace, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Manager, Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The Manager for Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design Services will lead a team of technical designers and support personnel within the Initial Design process. This leadership role will support the development of highly complex circuit card assemblies (CCAs) for use in highly reliable aviation and communication equipment. This individual will be responsible for the successful leadership of design support personnel and for ensuring the successful implementation of design processes and standards throughout multiple locations.
The Printed Circuit Design manager will work in close collaboration with Product Development Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Configuration Management and other enterprise organizations to deliver optimal design solutions and will assist in the enhancement of streamlined product development processes.
• Directs the activities of the design support functions.
• Oversees staff responsible for the design and documentation of new or modified printed wiring boards (PWBs) and circuit card assemblies (CCAs).
• Oversees and reviews the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of required documentation for electrical assemblies, printed circuit boards.
• Ensures that there are appropriate design tools in place to facilitate work.
• May be responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to budgets.
• Develops and administers schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
• Will effectively manage daily operations required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
• Acts as an adviser to the business units regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
• Delegates work to exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Responsible for the selection and development of future employees and performance management and/or evaluation of current employees.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of technical capability and process to ensure optimal and efficient reuse of controlled IP and the sharing of controlled technical information.
• Ensure the technical interfacing and communication to project development teams and direct and subcontract staff.
• Investigate quality escapes, identify root cause issues and implement corrective actions
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Knowledge in Electronic Hardware design fundamentals
• General understanding of PWB and/or CCA design methodologies
• Fluent in Product Configuration Structures, BOMs and Engineering Change processes
• Familiarity with relevant design tools
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work
• High degree of attention to detail
• Ability to motivate and unleash energy in others while instilling a sense of urgency
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.