United Technologies Corporation Principal Program Manager - Mission Systems - Soldier Communications in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01308383
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: General Management, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Program Management, who leads medium-sized programs. Develops program plans, schedules, and budgets. Supports strategic planning efforts, solutions for program problems, contract negotiations, and manages important vendors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in tactical radio communications, integrated communication systems requirements and USDoDCONOPS. A background in networks and networked communication systems, especially the US Army (orDoD) vision for air-ground communication interoperability at the battalion/brigade/division level, to include the Integrated Tactical Network (ITN). Familiarity with fixed site radios as part of an integrated communications network is a benefit. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of the USDoDrequirements and be comfortable interacting withDoDsubject matter experts. Experience in organizations such as the US Army peo C3T or N-CFT is highly desired.
Life Cycle Responsibility for Army Airborne and Integrated Tactical Network (ITN) products. This includes business pursuit and capture, product development, transition to production, customer delivery and support, and transition out of production. Must coordinate activities across the Collins Aerospace shared business model; Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service functions.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
• Leads medium size programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility and recommends appropriate adjustments.
• Manages important vendors and develops milestones, program plans, schedules and budgets for programs.
• Consolidates and presents plans and progress reports.
• Prepares and presents value-stream strategy, progress, and results.
• Supports annual strategic planning efforts for the business.
• Guides continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
• Identifies and reacts to program problems and supports solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications.
• Supports the development of new business growth strategies.
• Coordinates responses to customer action items.
• Supervises the appropriate use of all resources allocated to the program to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Participates in and leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
• Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
• Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
• Manages the contractlifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
• Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
• Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
Eligible for USDoDsecurity clearance.
Strong background in military communication systems, capabilities, and technologies. Professional and well-spoken presentation skills mandatory.
Passion to lead and grow the business.
The business is based in Cedar Rapids. The preference is for relocation to Cedar Rapids, but there is potential to work remotely for a highly qualified candidate.
Skills: Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.