United Technologies Corporation Associate Director ITC in Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 01362675
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position manages a department that includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors in International Trade Compliance. Establishes regional trade compliance procedures, manages controls, and investigates and advises on solutions for compliance problems. Establishes operational and business processes, maintains relations with relevant authorities, and advises on complex compliance issues.
• Leads a team of experienced professionals in managing controls, resolving complex and regional compliance matters and establishing processes.
• Establishes broad and complex trade compliance recording processes in accordance with regional regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance.
• Develops, implements, manages, and evaluates comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regional regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
• Investigates and advises solutions for complex and regional compliance problems, questions, or complaints to support the legal department and a broader scope of departments.
• Creates performance metrics for local and regional export and import processes to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Influences internal management or business partners at a regional level on the implementation or operation of compliance programs to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
• Establishes and installs operational processes for assuring trade compliance at the regional level through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
• Establishes and implements business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the local government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
• Establishes and maintains relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
• Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
• Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications and technology release determinations.
• Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Includes (non-engineering) technical experts who support law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions or complaints.
• Establishes and maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Manage a team of individuals responsible for oversight of 41 sites across the world
· Ensure all sites and operating divisions maintain processes to ensure compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements, and applicable international trade regulations
· Coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive the adoption/integration of technology management, authorization, digital technology, and screening requirements into the business
· Restructure local teams to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structure necessary to support the local businesses
· Develop communications strategy between businesses and local regulatory agencies
· Oversee the preparations for internal and external audits and ensure the successful implementation of appropriate corrective actions
· Ensure consistent implementation of requirements noted in policies, procedures, and local regulations.
· Assist with the investigation of digital loss prevention matters
· Gather, analyze and report metrics for monthly and quarterly reviews
· Prepare memos, letters, and presentations for senior level management
· Assisted in organizing various internal and conferences and meetings
Preferred Qualifications: Aerospace Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.