United Technologies Corporation Systems Engineering Manager in Crawley, United Kingdom
Job ID: 17605
Country: United Kingdom
Category: Systems, Engineering
Requisition ID: 17605
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineering Manager to join our team in Crawley, UK. .At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, organising, and controlling of the responsibilities the Systems Engineering Team within the Satellite Solutions Engineering organisation. Responsibilities include personnel management, assigning team resources to projects and tasks, manage team priorities and workload, demand planning and reporting, accomplishing tasks within the agreed deadlines, and ensuring that processes and procedures are followed. The Systems Engineering Manager will report to the Manager of the Satellite Solution Engineering organisation and sits alongside the Manager of Software Development, Manager of Network Infrastructure, and Manager of Test Team.
The candidate must have a strong engineering background and experience with delivering software and hardware solutions and products.
Recent Experience With:
• Team management and leadership, preferably experience with Agile methodology
• Engineering process for requirements analysis, design, execution, acceptance, and delivery, with focus on software projects and services
• Planning and execution of engineering activities to deliver systems, products, or services
• Software products and lifecycle - development, integration, test, and release
• Excellent coordination, problem-solving, and reporting skills
• Cross-team communication and collaboration, overcoming institutional boundaries
• Working with and managing offshore teams"
• "Strong Engineering background in at least 3 of the following:
• Recent experience with Linux (Debian 8 or higher)
• Recent experience with virtualisation technologies such as Docker
• Experience with cloud-based services such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with Networking LAN and WAN technologies and Wireless environments
• Satcom communications - system components, networks, etc.
• Airline passenger wireless IFE systems - hardware, software,
• Avionics components, connectors, standards, and engineering procedures
• First level of team management and responsible for the oversight of daily operations of the Systems Engineering Team.
• Develops and administers schedules, work plans, and performance requirements for the Systems Engineering Team. Support the creation of department roadmaps and annual budgets. Define team goals and objectives in alignment with department goals.
• Define and implement common standards and procedures, in alignment with the larger Satcom Engineering Team, to ensure consistency, transparency, and predictability in the operation of the team. Champion continuous improvement,
• Assigns team personnel to project roles and responsibilities as part of planning, kick-off, execution, validation and verification phases. Manages the performance of team members against project targets and deadlines.
• Actively involved in daily operations required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems. Track progress against plan (cost and schedule) and provide relevant management reports.
• Promotes a sustainable, satisfied, and efficient workforce that delivers on commitments to their customers, while encouraging individual growth and development.
• Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Oversees selection of future employees, development (training), and performance management and/or evaluation of current employees.
• Work with offshore partners to augment the engineering workforce while maintaining project objectives. Manage the activities and contribution of remote team members.
• Manage the impact of external dependencies, such as 3rd party software, hardware, and systems.
• Structure the team to provide technical support and troubleshoot issues with hardware, connectivity, and software as part of customer operational support (3rd level), or as part of project delivery activities.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.