United Technologies Corporation Senior Field Service Technician in Des Plaines, Illinois
Job ID: 13674
City: Des Plaines
Country: United States
Category: Administrative Support
Requisition ID: 13674
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Field Service Technician to join our team in Des Plaines, IL (IMS RAD) (5060). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Aeronautical Radio, Inc. is looking for you to join our team at in Chicago, IL as a Senior Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
Our Air/Ground Domestic Voice Service is the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messages. The service is backed by 45 years of Rockwell Collins IMS experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting our nationwide Air to Ground voice and data networks, or our custom communication solutions, Rockwell Collins IMS’ Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
The Senior Radio Field Service Technician will:
• Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
• Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
• Be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, vendors, and contractors in support of maintenance and installation activities.
This position requires the candidate be on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.
Local candidates will be given first preference.
This job does not currently have a job profile.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 2 years of electronics maintenance and repair experience, or the equivalent in a technical electronics or radio maintenance course. Your experience can be from the commercial or military sectors.
Other qualifications include:
• Proficiency in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
• Experience analyzing system failures and identifying, and restoring equipment malfunctions and failures.
• Experience performing testing, repair, and replacement at the component (piece part) and board level.
• Possession of an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License (GROL) or obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
• Ability to read and follow technical manuals/instructions and have a basic knowledge of how to read schematics and drawings.
• Willingness to provide on-the-job training to Associate Field Service Technicians.
Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height.
This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
The position is focused on providing 24/7 support, so after hours work is common.
Education / Certification:
• Requires High school diploma or GED. Completion of a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college OR have 2 years practical experience in the electronics field.
• To be considered you must hold an FCC General Class License or obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
• AM radio maintenance experience is a plus
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.