United Technologies Corporation Program Manager in Fairfield, California
Job ID: 01357592
Country: United States
Category: General Management
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in General Management, who leads medium-sized programs, manages important vendors, responds to program problems, prepares and presents value-stream strategies, proposals, business plans, and operation budgets, and leads the negotiation of contracts.
This position is responsible for managing development and or production programs and ensuring performance execution in accordance with contractual requirements. The Program Lead assumes commitment to program success and building solid business relationships with internal and external customers. Engages stakeholders to develop improvement plans and drive actions in support of customer satisfaction objectives. Conducts analysis of information and data to determine root cause and corrective action of issues impacting programmatic, operational and financial performance. This role coordinates to ensure successful delivery of program requirements and objectives, while effectively arbitrating and resolving issues associated with assigned products. Assists in development of internal strategic plans.
• Assumes commitment to program success and building solid business relationships with internal and external customers
• Engages stakeholders to develop improvement plans and drive actions in support of customer satisfaction objectives
• Manages the timely execution and administration of the programs’ contractual commitments with its customer
• Serves as the Integrated Product Team Lead (IPT) for company or customer initiatives to ensure successful delivery of program requirements and objectives
• Conducts analysis of information and data to lead IPT in root cause and corrective action solutions
• Serves as the customer advocate for meeting development and or production milestones
• Identify risks and interface with cross-functional teams to develop appropriate resolutions
• Focal point for communicating project progress status, delays and issues to stakeholders as necessary in timely manner
• Ensure demand load aligns with current customer production rates, update demand as based on market changes or customer requirements
• Contract management and monitoring of UTAS performance to terms and conditions
• Support Sr. PM and Business Development in new business pursuits and contract negotiations
• Interface with key functional departments (Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Configuration Management, and Engineering) to ensure needed stakeholder involvement is maintained
• Incorporate ACE processes and tools into daily work and process improvement activities
• Responsible for cradle to grave opportunity management to including bid and proposals for the respective programs as well as response to request for quote/proposals, bids, negotiation, sales order kick off, execution, and program closure
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience
Previous Program Management or Project Management role required
Must have demonstrated the ability to strategically organize and complete projects, tasks and business objectives
Ability to motivate
Capable of driving issues through to completion
Experience of leading change & process improvements
Experienced in leading cross functional teams through project closure
Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and written at all levels internally and externally.
Strong leadership abilities, interpersonal skills and teaming attitude
Strong continuous improvement skills and customer focus
Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Strong computer skills, (SAP, Office and Visual Manufacturing)
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.