United Technologies Corporation Carrier Graduate Hire Program -Modeling & Simulation engineer: Numerics for Robust Steady-State & Dynamic Modeling: in Farmington, Connecticut
Job ID: 01365376
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CAC35: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering, you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2020 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Digital Products, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
The Controls Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams to apply model based design and verification tools and methods to create the next generation of control solutions for a full range of HVAC/R equipment and systems for buildings and transport applications. Her/his main responsibilities include:
· Ensure controls system requirements are captured, structured, and modeled
· Design and implement control algorithms via a rigorous analytical approach based on the MATLAB/Simulink platform
· Follow standard procedures to automatically generate embedded software control code from models for specific embedded platforms
· Use standard model-based verification tools and infrastructure including model-in-the-loop, software-in-the-loop, and hardware-in-the-loop simulation to validate the control algorithms
· Able to verify the control software in lab and support field trial
Experience & Qualifications
· Knowledge of feedback control theory and application. Knowledge of modern/nonlinear control techniques (MPC, MIMO) a plus.
· Proficiency in use of MATLAB/Simulink for control design, verification, and code generation
· Knowledge of dynamic system simulation of controlsand equipment using physics-based or data-driven models
· Demonstrated skills in control system algorithm development and implementation into an embedded platform
· Demonstrated use of model-based verification techniques (preferred skill)
· Knowledge of HW/SW embedded control system architectures (preferred skill)
· Knowledge of software languages (C,C++) and reuse principles (preferred skill)
· Use and familiarity with Rhapsody for software modeling, Doors NG for requirements management and traceability to models (preferred skill)
· BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering with 0-2 (for P1), 3-5 (for P2) years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.