United Technologies Corporation Systems Engineering Specialist in Houston, Texas
Job ID: 01364621
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
07: Building 07 Houston TX 18050 Saturn Lane, Houston, TX, 77058 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned Systems Engineering professional, working independently. Converts product requirements into total system solutions, leads trade studies, and implements common work practices.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join us as a Systems Engineer to support the design, development, verification & validation, and operational support of ECLSS and ATCS hardware for future space vehicles. Responsibilities may include: system development trade studies and optimization, development of concepts of operations, developing product requirements at the system/component level for mechanical/electrical/software, thermal/fluid/chemical system modeling, steady state & transient performance analyses, component sizing, as well as test setup, test planning, test execution, and test reporting. Skills in one or more of the following also strongly desired: system dynamic controls and stability analysis and requirements development & management. Skills in Matlab/Simulink/Simscape, DOORS & DXL, Excel & VBA, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, MagicDraw & Cameo Modeler, LabVIEW are highly desirable.
• Executes objectives for requirements management, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
• Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
• Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
• Researches and evaluates investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization’s systems products and services.
• Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and develops verification criteria and plans for the requirements
• Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
• Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs architectural exploration.
• Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Systems and 5 -10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Ability to work well both independently and within an integrated product development (IPD) team environment
Excellent attention to detail
Excellent writing & math skills
Experience performing thermal/fluid/chemical analyses
Experience on hardware development program: proposal/development/manufacture/verification/operational support
Experience performing system development/integration/architecting
Relevant system experience: thermal control systems, air revitalization systems (CO2/H2O/trace contaminant removal), pressure control systems, oxygen generation systems, potable water systems, fuel cell systems, human waste management systems or other equivalent systems
Due to federal contract US Citizenship is required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.)
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.