United Technologies Corporation Carrier Graduate Hire Program -MBD Dynamic Modeling in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job ID: 01365279
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering, you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2020 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Digital Products, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
The MBD dynamic modeling Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams to apply model based design and verification tools and methods to create the next generation of control solutions for a full range of HVAC/R equipment and systems for buildings and transport applications. Her/his main responsibilities include:
· Develop physics-based thermo-fluid dynamic models of HVAC&R components and systems.
· Perform dynamic model calibration, validation, and physics-based analysis of system behaviors.
· Provide expertise in heat transfer, thermodynamics and thermal management system analysis in the development of next generation high efficiency and environmentally friendly HVAC&R and energy systems.
· Troubleshoot and resolve numerical issues in dynamic simulations of ordinary differential equation (ODE) /differential-algebraic equations (DAE) systems.
Experience & Qualifications
· Heat transfer and two-phase flow expertise and thermodynamic cycle analytical skills.
· Experience with vapor-compression refrigeration or power generation systems including related components: heat exchangers and compression technologies.
· Good communication skills and team working experience
· Software programming experience
· Expertise in model development software tools like Modelica/Dymola is a strong differentiator.
· Expertise in Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, and Python.
· Experience in thermo-fluid system control development.
· BS degree in Mechanical or Control Engineering with 0-2 (for P1), 3-5 (for P2) years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.