United Technologies Corporation Reliability - Project Support Intern (Fall) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job ID: 01361527
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Interns/Co-Ops
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Provide engineering students interested in reliability engineering an opportunity to implement reliability tools (e.g., FMEA, failure analysis, ALT/HALT testing) on an HVAC product while in the design stage.
Intern will be given the opportunity to apply their analytical skills, theoretical knowledge, and gain hands-on experience while learning about life-cycle testing, failure distributions, and data analysis.
• Execute and track status of reliability test plans.
• Create and organize FMEA component and system inventory.
• Capture accepted reliability practices via Standard Work.
• Interpret and assess reliability targets on component specifications sheets to improve testing procedures and/or targets.
• Communicate with component experts to design reliability tests and targets.
• Conduct warranty analyses and create a component reliability inventory for later use in total-system block diagrams.
• Gain an understanding of the reliability principles and practices associated with our products.
• Students with a technical background who are interested in reliability engineering. ME, EE, IE, MET or EET preferred
• Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
• Previous co-op/intern experience preferred.
• Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.