United Technologies Corporation Maintenance Technician - New Facility in Jacksonville, Florida
Job ID: 01368471
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HFL07: ASG Jacksonville-Busch Dr 10531 Busch Dr N , Jacksonville, FL, 32218 USA
About the Business
Our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position is for a staff Facilities technician who is under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex equipment installation and machine set-up. Creates procedures and work instructions for operation of equipment, machinery and instruments and identifies updates as needed. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of business support employees.
• Works under moderate supervision to provide assistance with maintaining equipment, machinery, buildings and structures.
• Examines facilities and evaluates elements such as HVAC, lighting, size, condition and suitability for occupancy.
• Performs moderately complex equipment installation and machine set-up.
• Provides training to operators and technicians to make sure equipment is being used properly.
• Creates procedures and work instructions for operation of equipment, machinery and instruments and identifies updates as needed.
• Repairs, adjusts and maintains moderately complex production equipment, machinery, or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications.
• Prepares cost estimates for building renovations or space allocations.
• Plans, designs, and reconfigures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
• Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
• Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
• Conducts machine inventories and arranges disposal of obsolete or no-longer-required equipment.
• Manages facilities contractor management process
This position requires either:
• An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR
• A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.