United Technologies Corporation Electrical Engineer - CNS Surveillance in Melbourne, Florida
Job ID: 01333330
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
This is a low level hardware engineering position within CNS Surveillance Collateral Group in Melbourne, Florida. They will perform assignments requiring the use and application of moderate hardware engineering principles and techniques and analyze hardware requirements and design of the system applications in support of various Surveillance Product lines. They will also plan projects in order to determine the best approach to be taken to accomplish the project goals, demonstrate a high level of professional competence and knowledge, and must have knowledge of principles and techniques commonly used in hardware development and qualification. This position may encompasses both new design and product sustaining support roles.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.
• Expand product and technology domain knowledge and knowledge of hardware processes, tools, methods, work flow, and best practices.
• Develop and document minor changes to hardware requirements documentation applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods for the management and tracking of hardware requirements baseline.
• Design, analyze, test, integrate, qualify and document hardware of moderate complexity including multiple Engineering Change Orders.
• Work closely with other engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical and systems engineering) to insure the electrical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach.
• Understand and utilize the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
• Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
• Contribute to the engineering estimates for limited to moderate scope electrical design problems.
• Work under technical mentorship of senior engineers
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Job Skills and Attributes:
• Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation.
• Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
• Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
• Drive - Exerts energy and enthusiasm to meet project deadlines.
• Judgment - Demonstrates the ability to base decisions on factual information and sound logic.
• Listening - Exhibits good listening skills and identifies verbal and non-verbal situations fairly well.
• Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
• Writing - Uses language that is business appropriate in written documents
• Processes - Understand the aspects of various aviation industry qualification standards, such as DO-160, DO-254, and meeting requirements of TSO submissions.
Proficient with using common lab equipment
Ability to solve problems with minimal guidance
Knowledge of Hardware Qualification Process DO-160 and / or DO-254
Knowledge of airborne TCAS / Transponder Avionics
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.