United Technologies Corporation Sr Systems Engineer - CNS Surveillance TCAS Products Group in Melbourne, Florida
Job ID: 13402
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Requisition ID: 13402
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - CNS Surveillance TCAS Products Group to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This is a mid-level systems engineering position within CNS Surveillance TCAS Products Group. This position will perform assignments requiring the use and application of systems engineering principles and techniques and perform radio frequency (RF) hardware testing, integration and trouble shooting in support of new products for the Next Generation Air Transportation System. The position will support the development system level requirements and test procedures. The engineer must have knowledge of the principles and techniques commonly used in systems development and qualification related to commercial avionics. The position will also plan projects in order to determine the best approach to be taken to accomplish the project goals and support development of bids and schedules. This position encompasses both new design and product sustaining support roles.
• Significant RF domain knowledge and knowledge of products and systems in an avionics area (e.g. Transponder Products). Utilize and set expectations for the application of internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
• Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, thus increasing product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
• Contribute to systems engineering requirements capture, analysis, decomposition and allocation in the area of domain expertise.
• Develop tests and data analysis to troubleshoot system problems or performance issues
• Develop and conduct test plans and procedures; and verify results of laboratory and flight tests in support of FAA certification.
• Design, test, analyze, integrate, qualify and document systems of moderate to high complexity such as systems with multiple sub-systems with multiple hardware components or mixed electrical technologies and software programs. Assure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
• Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
• Estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical performance, cost, schedule and risk for assigned scope of work.
• Review metrics and defect trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements and recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in systems development processes.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
Have domain knowledge of avionics products, RF systems and experience in working on a cross functional team
Have experience in systems design including requirements capture/analysis, system design and systems integration/test, including hardware/software integration.
Have solid communication, documentation and collaboration/teamwork skills.
Have a background that includes several of the following elements; Communication Systems, Systems, Signal Processing, Electromagnetic Theory or Modeling/Simulation.
Have experience with Avionics data networks, ARINC 429 and/or AFDX based solutions
Be capable of making decisions that may have significant impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Be capable of interfacing directly with customers including presentations and issue resolution
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.