United Technologies Corporation Commodity Manager in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Job ID: 01362890
City: New Berlin
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HWI31: US183-New Berlin, WI 5349 S Emmer Dr , New Berlin, WI, 53151 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position is for an Experienced Commodity / Account Management & Strategic Sourcing professional. Establishes sourcing goals and acceptable service levels. Responsible for negotiating and administering contracts and analyzing price proposals to enhance price, quality, timing and reliability of supply.
• Sets negotiation terms for the procurement of goods, services, and supplies.
• Executes Supply Chain strategies.
• Establish sourcing goals and acceptable service levels.
• Negotiates and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Evaluates vendors' capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness.
• Identifies and conducts research on suppliers to ensure that the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply are met.
• Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
• Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
• Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
• Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed UTC requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
Experience in supply chain/procurement leadership with increasing levels of responsibility. Experience in related activities in aerospace may be an acceptable substitute (e.g. Operations Mgmt, Program Mgmt, etc.)
Demonstrated team building, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Strong negotiation skills.
Demonstrated success in developing project plans and managing these projects through to successful execution, including overcoming obstacles.
Experience with global activities, including sourcing and/or operations within different cultures and styles.
Hands-on experience managing direct reports of up to 5+.
Technical or manufacturing aptitude.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.