United Technologies Corporation Team leader in Riverside, California
Job ID: 01379498
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?Role Overview
This position supervises a team of support and/or production level or hourly/direct employees in Manufacturing Operations. Sets day-to-day activities and assists in managing and monitoring production operations, maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
• Ensures all quality related items for one cell are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
• Assists in cost reduction and process improvement to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Assists in scheduling for one cell so that production schedules are met.
• Assists in sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for a cell to optimize productivity.
• Coordinates activities for materials and logistics problem resolution of a cell to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
• Monitors cell performance and productivity of a cell to maximize productivity.
• Assists in production innovation, including additive manufacturing, of a cell to enhance the cell’s production capabilities.
• Interfaces with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
• Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
• Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
• Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
• Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
• Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline.In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.