United Technologies Corporation Engineer, Quality Engineering 3rd Shift in Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Job ID: 01353870
City: Santa Isabel
State: Santa Isabel Municipio
Country: Puerto Rico
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide. You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an Established Quality Engineering professional. Works as an individual contributor to set and achieve objectives for own area of responsibility. Influences process and planning decisions with knowledge and explanations of Quality Engineering policies, practices, and procedures. Assure compliance with the quality management system, policies and procedures. Provide support to manufacturing operations and assure compliance with product specifications and regulatory standards. Provide liaison with other departments such as operations, engineering and with customer representatives in problem solving analysis involving product quality. Establish a mechanism to evaluate and measure quality, product materials discrepancies and investigate and report non-conformances. Support and participate in internal/external auditing activities. Provide guidance to the inspectors on the workmanship standards. Prepare and implement quality programs associated with contract requirements or as directed by management..
• Conducts processes to modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
• Provides explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
• Provides analysis and recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and develop recommendations for managing risk in product development.
• Conducts reviews to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
• Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
• Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
• Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
• Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Mechanical or Electrical engineering preferred
Experience in quality roles and manufacturing environment
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Experience dealing with external customer; strong customer focus skills
Oriented and experience in a team environment
Knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 preferred
Experience in auditing preferred
Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
Project management skills
Member of CIAPR preferred
Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.