United Technologies Corporation Sr Engineering Project Assistant in Sterling, Virginia
Job ID: 14679
Country: United States
Category: Administrative Support
Requisition ID: 14679
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Engineering Project Assistant to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Project Assistant to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace. Working independently, this position is responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing a wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include, coordinates of internal/external meetings, risk meetings, creating/maintaining program metrics, facilitate change control board meetings, support the document and software release process and support miscellaneous tasks that are directed by the Program Manager, Technical Project Manager, and engineers . Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
• Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
• Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture tools, configuration management tools, software bug tracking & software release. Generate reports as required.
• Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
• Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development and maintenance of engineering web pages.
• Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
• Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) with various project management tasks as required.
• Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
• Supports the Bid and Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
• Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, often coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively. Obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
• Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Job Skills & Attributes:
• Assist in Cost Account Management (CAM) tracking of budget.
Must demonstrate strong communication skills with a wide variety of technical and management personnel. Must have the ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering support activities while balancing priorities and schedules. Must have the desire and willingness to commit to continued learning.
Must possess extensive PC tool knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) .
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• US Citizenship
• Associate or Bachelor's Degree
• Microsoft Project
• Requirement tracking tools such as JAMA or DOORS
• Software Configuration Management Tools such a Subversion or Git
• Gmail/Google Docs
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.