United Technologies Corporation Carrier Graduate Hire Program -Engineer, Motors in Syracuse, New York
Job ID: 01365297
State: New York
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering, you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2020 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Digital Products, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
Carrier Corporation is looking for highly motivated and results driven individual to join the Applied Rooftop and Vertical Packaged Product development team.The group is responsible for developing air conditioning systems for commercial products ranging from 5 to 150 tons.This position is for a new product development engineer.
Projects and tasks will generally focus on one or more of the following:
• Heat Transfer and Fluids Flow
• General Design
• Project/Engineering Management
• Program Management
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Design and development of refrigeration systems and components.
• Develop computer models to simulate system and component performance.
• Work with design team in developing cost effective designs.
• Develop and manage laboratory qualification programs for new products.
• Work with factory team to investigate quality issues on current products and develop solutions to improve overall product quality.
• BS in Engineering with 0-2 (for P1), 3-5 (for P2) years of experience
Successful candidates must possess:
• Strong communicational skills with proven ability to interact with cross functional team of engineering, design, manufacturing and lab team members.
• Solid technical skills and analytical proficiency.
• Strong understanding of thermodynamics, fluid flow, and heat transfer.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office tools.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.