United Technologies Corporation OPS Financial Analyst in Troy, Ohio
Job ID: 01361435
Country: United States
Category: Corporate Careers, Finance
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Finance Analyst, who implements financial plans, analyzes financial processes and standards, and establishes financial indicators to forecast performance measures.
• Develops financial plans, including cost reduction strategies, earned value management
• Support general and administrative accounting initiatives and budgeting processes.
• Develops and recommends processes or standards to support organization business plans.
• Provides support and timely reviews to functional or operational area managers to help them develop budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
• Analyze financial results and provide a detailed Gap analysis of variance to plan, forecast, and prior period results for sales, operating income, EBIT, cost center spending and working capital.
• Proactively review departmental spending versus plan with management and assist in identifying solutions to variances.
• Facilitate the operations finance teams by supporting
o monthly closing process,
o annual operating plans,
o quarterly forecasts,
o Support Inventory management, physical inventory.
o working capital valuation
o support accounts receivable management
• Perform Make vs. Buy, Supplier cost analysis.
• Work effectively in a culture of continuous improvement. Drive improvement in Finance process thru the use of CI Events / QCPC / SIPOC / 5S and other available ACE tools.
• Ensure an effective internal financial controls environment is established and in compliance with US GAAP, SOX and all required legal or statutory requirements.•
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of financial or accounting experience with a solid cost accounting understanding.
• 5+ years costing experience.•
• Detailed knowledge in the areas of cost and pricing and working knowledge of information systems interfaces as required to perform in position
• Strong analytical skills, make vs. buy, lease vs. buy, etc.
• Strong understanding of SAP or equivalent ERP system.
• Understanding of US GAAP - IFRS.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
• Demonstrated values including ethical behavior, customer focused improvement, accountability & teamwork and openness & trust
MBA, CMA or CGA
Previous experience in manufacturing or engineering companies
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.