United Technologies Corporation Sr. Manager, Forgings Commodity in Troy, Ohio
Job ID: 01364976
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aerospace products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position leads a team of experienced Commodity / Account Management & Strategic Sourcing professionals overseeing execution of key elements of supply chain strategy. Develops supplier standards and networks in support of organization’s standards for price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply. Establishes strategy for supplier selection and negotiations.
• Establishes elements of commodity / account management and strategic sourcing plans.
• Develops supply chain standards and networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc.
• Approves the selection of suppliers to meet the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
• Establishes strategy for negotiating awards contracts, specifying spending limits and qualified sources of supply.
• Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs.
• Reviews and recommends supply markets to source for the best practices.
• Directs negotiations with suppliers, and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices, and to determine the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
• Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
• Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
• Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
• Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed UTC requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
• Demonstrated performance of employee development
• Industry or business related experience
• Proven leadership and communication skills across disciplines
• Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
• Process design and governance (standard work)
• Effective problem solving skills
• Results oriented and deliver on customer commitments
• Integrator across multiple teams, business segments, and sites
• Technical Aptitude
• Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.