United Technologies Corporation Non-Product & Cost Management Specialist in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01358156
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for a dynamic and effective team player in the areas of cost reduction and overall cost management. As the Non-product & Cost Management Specialist, located in Windsor Locks, CT, the candidate will directly support cost management initiatives of a $600M annual spend portfolio across 10 different commodities and over 300 suppliers.
• Identifying process improvement initiatives and cost reduction opportunities for non-product procurement of goods and services at each site.
• Working with 3rd party suppliers to implement projects and to initiate additional non-product YOY cost reduction opportunities at each supplier. Develop actions that intend to influence long-term spending savings.
• Obtain site finance and central commodity manager approval for projects initiated, savings methodology and actual savings to be reported prior to input.
• Generate monthly updates to non-product cost reduction tracker for actuals and forecast.
• Create standard work for non-product initiatives and roll-out process allowing to generate to Site Commodity Leads.
• Organize bi-weekly reviews with site commodity managers to ensure that cost reduction projects are being identified and implemented.
• Organize monthly validation/ approval review among site commodity managers and site finance leads to ensure accuracy of projects reporting.
• Review and approve site cost reductions projects and process improvements opportunities identified to ensure compliance with non-product rules and procedures.
• Monitoring 3rd party suppliers progress at the sites and central supply chain to ensure progress and performance. (expand central supply roles and responsibilities, there are significant number of central projects that get allocated to P&C that we are required to monitor)
• Support development of tools for financial and project reporting systems.
• Assess and address global logistics costs including import/export requirements and how costs impact the bottom line.
• Project/Program Management experience
• Proven leadership and communication skills across disciplines
• Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
• Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
• Detail/Financially Oriented
• Advanced Excel Proficiency
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.