United Technologies Corporation Product Line Operations Support Engineer in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01349247
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position experienced Mechanical Engineer, overseeing product development and testing activities. Responsible for driving improvement in design and product quality.
• Manage product development activities including engineering studies, feasibility studies, cost estimates, implementation of standard and non-standard specifications, drawing board layout and interpretation, and development of performance or maintenance requirements.
• Execute test and qualification for systems, sub-systems, and components. Review test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and recommend modification or adjustments of equipment to meet specifications.
• Ensure commonality and optimization of product & components to drive improvement in design quality through the reduction in design errors and escapes.
• Test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• Review parts, specifications, designs, or sketches for machines, components, systems or work orders / purchase requests
• Communicate and cooperate with quality clinic and related departments to ensure product quality and support the test and verification of field issues.
• May provide technical support as an internal consultant in the trial-manufacture of new products, components or equipment, follow up and resolve mechanical/electrical issues
• Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
• Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• May evaluate and analyze various mechanical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
• May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.