United Technologies Corporation Senior Manager, Advanced Manufacturing in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01358786
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position manages a department of advanced manufacturing engineers with experience in technologies required to manufacture electronics circuit cards and end item assemblies. Liaises with stakeholders, oversees project management, analyzes requirements, recommends solutions and provides technical leadership and mentoring.
• Work with the Puerto Rico and Phoenix Global Operations sites to develop the annual Automation Roadmap
• Manage a team of engineers focused on defining and leading Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) projects in support of the Automation Roadmap and vetting out new technologies before they are committed to designs
• Oversees project management, capital planning and project execution to achieve and maintain that projects are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
• Develops processes and methods for and analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of projects and develop system plans.
• Liaises and communicates with engineers, other departments, divisions, consultants, customers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects or products.
• Defines methods for identification of risk within business and recommends improvement plans to control risk.
• Establishes policies and processes and oversees the mentoring and coordination of and provides technical leadership for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering function to increase its effectiveness and achieve and maintain business objectives.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure they are fully compatible with the factory.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
• Ensures all new technologies that get introduced are fully EH&S compliant
• Represents the organization at major and important conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
• Oversees team with focus on policy and establishes leadership and managerial direction for electrical and electronic engineering activities to achieve and maintain organization’s objectives.
• Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
• Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
• Travel requirements: 20%
Bachelor's or Advanced Degree with a focus in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering desired
Engineering, Operations, and/or Manufacturing experience preferred
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.